Friday, January 11, 2013

Can you pray for me?

Not sure who reads this :P, well, I know at least a couple people do, but I just need a place to share.  I don't usually share too "personal" prayer requests in my general updates/emails to people back home, but definitely needing a lot of prayer these days. It's been a really rough past week--I've been having frequent headaches (possibly due to stress and fatigue).  Not sure exactly what's causing all the stress, besides feeling a lot of pressure in teaching our Advanced students by myself (I've done it before and yet this time feeling more pressure than previous times).  Also feeling this weight of feeling like "I can't do this" (in terms of being this "successful missionary").  In some senses, it's a good place to be, feeling like I can't do anything, I'm so incompetent in trying to share God's love to others.  It forces me to remember why I must be fully dependent on Jesus as my Vine.

But it's still hard.  So, if you happen to read this, please pray for me.

In other news, I think I'm starting to feel the difference from being overseas the first two years and now being away from the States for the third year.  The first two years I could feel much support from people back home, but perhaps this is the beginning of the natural fade.  I think most missionaries feel this, as the years go by, it's easy to be forgotten.  However, I'm so thankful to God for the few people who email me and tell me that they're still praying for us and the work going on out here (and I'm thankful for those who don't have a chance to email but are still faithfully praying).  I have to admit, I was a bit discouraged when I sent an email to people back home and the only response I received was from someone asking me to remove them from the email list (clarification: I'm totally okay with her request because I understand that people also committed to praying for other things and it's overwhelming to try to keep up with everything).  But God is good, He reminds me that we're not alone out here. :)


5 comments:

  1. Hey there Stephalee, thanks for the personal update. We're praying for you out here, keep us posted as to what's going on at the front lines! Heb 6:10 and 2 Cor 12:9-10

    ReplyDelete
  2. STEPHHHHH! :) We will definitely be praying for you on this. JIA YOU 4 J3sus! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm thinking of you here!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete