Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Thank you..


I wrote this on January 28 but didn’t have a chance to post until now. I actually have more recent things to post about, things that God’s been teaching me lately that’s been very encouraging and eye-opening but I guess it’ll have to wait for another time when I have the opportunity to type it up/post it.

Thank you for your prayers-- I can really feel the power of your prayers as I've been feeling much more refreshed and encouraged these past couple of weeks. I can’t express how encouraging it is to know that people are praying for me and walking with me even when I’m so far away.  Not sure what it was at the time but I was feeling pretty discouraged about ministry and my own personal walk with God.

Life has been much better lately. Mei and I are teaching super cute 8th graders (around 13-14 years old). Two of them heard the gospel last weekend and wanted to make the decision to believe. PTL! When I was having a text message exchange with one of them, she asked me when I would return to America. I told her I wasn't sure but I'd be here for at least one year (thinking that that's "good news"). She replied "ohh!! :( one year is very hurry. If you go, I'll miss you :(." In some ways, its true. In 1 year, she'll only be in 9th grade. But where will I be? Even if I stay for 5 years, until she graduates and goes to college, will it be "enough"?
Lately, I've been realizing how much I lack godly wisdom and how important it is for me to pray continually for God's guidance in all areas of my life.

As the new semester approaches, I can't believe it’s already been 1 year since moving to UB. At the same time, I can't believe it's only been a year (feels like much longer). So much has happened and I can only wonder what life will be like 1 year from now. One thing that I'm convinced of-- I'm in good hands. :)

2 comments:

  1. Man! It feels like you've been gone FOREVER. :) Well, your girlies and pupils are in good hands cause the Lrd will provide even when you leave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time flies pretty quickly, but I think G*d will use you to do great things no matter the length of time you have remaining in UB. Chris and I are praying for you! Will be emailing you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete